Sunday, April 18, 2010

...verse Zombies, really?




Glen Arthur Krause Davis

Tallahassee, you never seem to disappoint me. If you have not seen the grown adults playing Humans vs. Zombies, where they attack each other with Nerf guns, then you must be living under a rock. If you have not seen HVZ leader Glen Davis, then you are about to be in disbelief. Many people begin exciting hobbies such as running, knitting, or drinking. But Glen leads and participates in Humans vs. Zombies, with participating being an understatement. He takes it to a whole new level, way above your typical-everyday HVZ participant. I first met Glen through my neighbor Josh, who also plays HVZ. I walked into his room to find a large man wearing some of the oddest clothing I have seen in awhile. His outfit consisted of the following items; a Scottish kilt, a beret, gas mask, tall strapped black leather boots, a wireless walkie-talkie headset, and a satchel. Not to be forgotten, he was also loaded with weapons. Nerf “bombs” and automatic Nerf guns were apparently his weapons of choice. I have got to say, Glen was a nice guy, but the outfits and HVZ want to make me think otherwise. Thanks to the local Tallahassee FOX10 news station, even those who had not seen him in person, were able to see him during a feature on the six o’clock news. I can see Glen sticking around in Tallahassee for awhile, becoming an even bigger staple of Tallahassee culture.
Above picture obtained from http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=3225880&id=616149058

No comments:

Post a Comment